Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My life in 250 Words






One of my favorite blog reads from Jenni at The Story of My life came up with an interesting blogging challenge: To blog everyday in May. Each day is equipped with a topic to blog about. I honestly don't know if I can participate in this everyday, but it would sure be worth a try :) I think this would be really fun because 1) I'm terrible at updating this blog consistently with new topics as my brain has been consumed with other things. This will give me something to write about everyday! 2) Hopefully I'll have more content to post than just my lousy outfits :)



I was born in Shanghai, China in 1982 and immigrated to the US when I was 3. I grew up in East Lansing/Okemos Michigan for the next 18 years of my life. Growing up as an only child, my daily companions were my stuffed animals and a ridiculously smart, bi-lingual Chihuahua. I played the piano, flute, piccolo and taught myself how to play the drums. I tried dancing ballet, but was way too clumsy. I then went to College at Michigan State University, where I met some of the most incredible people who truly changed my life and made some life-long friendships. I was still pretty young after graduation and wanted to explore the world a little bit before investing the rest of my life in a medical career, so I spent a year in different rural areas in China, interning at various hospitals and exploring some aspects of cross cultural medicine. The next 8 years of medical school and residency training brought me to various parts of the world including Grenada, Brooklyn NY, Detroit MI, Peoria IL and finally now in Rochester, Minnesota. My day job is taking care of old people and making sure that they are aging healthily :) I got married in 2008 to a boy that I met at a Christian camp when we were teenagers. Apparently he had a crush on me back then, and when we re-connected 8 years later, he pounced on this as a "divine sign from God" Now I'm also a mom to a 16 month old little girl and wondering what the next 5 years will bring.


My life in a nutshell!

Would you like to participate in the May Challenge? Go here!



14 comments:

  1. Oh wow your have a really smart Chihuahua ^..^ Was your life inspire to me. Is really interesting know more about you. I´m now in the medical school too. Wow your explore many sites of the world that is really nice. Lovely your story. I can´t post everyday in may because I´m really busy.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your posts :) Thanks for sharing this brief glimpse into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm sorry to hear your dog was only bilingual, my cat was MULTIlingual! They would have gotten along famously! I'm looking forward to May because your blog is a firm favourite of mine and I'd love to have a daily dose of Sunny.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I came across your blog at the perfect time :) Got to so much about you!

    Would you like to follow each other through GFC and Bloglovin?

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Your blog is amazing!!! So inspiring!!!
    That picture with your baby is so beautiful!!!!
    Can't wait to see and read more!!!
    Wonna follow each other maybe?
    Love, Lima

    www.limaswardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always great to know more about the blogger I am following. Thanks for sharing your story. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww this is the sweetest! I love this particular prompt because I know who I'm following from the very beginning. Its kind of like, Hi i'm ______ and this is what got me to where I am now. The small amount of words cause people to exclude anything unimportant, too. Your sidebar picture is adorable, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet life story! God is so good!

    Your year in china after graduation sounds fabulous!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    I LOVE your pictures btw

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love meeting other only children! Growing up and even today I am the single only child out of all my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your blog, great post!
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow you play so many instruments, so talented!
    I am taking my MCAT this summer and really want to be a doctor too! I totally aspire to have what you have in life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. So glad I found yours. Love your reason for going into geriatrics in your most recent post...and I would've seen meeting up with your now husband after 8 years as a "divine sign from God" too! You have a beautiful family!
    Eva @ Snappee Turtle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw my bf went to State too....probably at the same time you did! He played football there. We just visited East Lansing last August and plan to go back in June. What a small world :)

    Also, your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so cute! Im loving Jennis blog challenge for introducing me to cool new blogs :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your wonderful comments