Today was a great day. I had a productive day at work, came home to Grace giggling and smiling up a storm, talked with my best friend Rachelle on the phone for awhile (saw her growing baby bump on facetime), followed by Mommy Chen's Korean Barbecue recipe oven sizzled by master griller Aaron Chan. This is by far the best KBBQ recipe I've ever had (second to Shilla in New York). I dare say that it MAY even be better than SanSoo Gapsan in Chicago.
What's the recipe, you wonder?
1) 4-5 Lbs Korean BBQ beef (may be found at Sam's club)
2) A bottle of this stuff (may be found at any asian grocery store):
3) Some extra garlic and sugar- to your heart's content.
4) Optional- Pear slices
5) Put it all into a large ziplock freezer bag and marinate overnight
6) Oven broil approximately 4 minutes on each side
7) Ready to serve!
Deeeeelicious! And simple! Grace looked like she really wanted to have some. She ended up zonking out pretty early.
Thanks again for all the birthday wishes!