Happy Wednesday! Sarah @ Disisd and I are starting a new blog hop series- for Physician Moms! We are excited to get to know more friends who are in similar walks of our lives to share our stories with. We are planning to do this on a monthly basis, which will be nice because I've been slacking a bit with my blogging. Won't you join us? :)
Today's topic is: INTRODUCTIONS
I am Christy, a 32 year old mother of 2 (3 1/2 year old toddler girl named Grace, and a 13 month old little boy named Nathan). We live in the freezing tundra of Minnesota, where I work full time as a Geriatrician. My husband, Aaron also works in the same institution as an operations specialist in supply chain management (to this day I’m still not quite sure what he does). I chose this field of practice because I truly love internal medicine. Some of the sickest, frailest and chronically ill people are our elders, who unfortunately often do not get the attention that they need, and struggle with many limitations throughout the remainder of their lives. The approach towards treating our older adult population needs to be different, and I find a fulfillment in helping them with their unique needs
Some side hobbies that I enjoy:
- Jewelry merchandising
- Exploring fashion (still trying to figure this one out!)
Some other interesting things about me…
- I’m pretty introverted. On weekends, I prefer to stay at home and veg out with a movie. Social crowds intimidate me, and I tend to isolate myself…. but I’m also strangely comfortable giving lectures to large audiences, and getting up on stage for performances.
- I can operate firearms. My husband and I use to enjoy target shooting.
- If I could do anything else aside from my current profession, I would want to join the CIA.
- I am trained in acupuncture
- I once was in a Budweiser commercial and an extra in the movie Transformers 4: Age of Extinction. That was one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life!
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel" - Maya Angelou
That’s me in a nutshell! Would LOVE to get to know you!
Make sure you leave a link back to this post, or on Sarah’s page so that your readers know where to find the rest of the blog posts. You may also use the button below and copy the html.
Future dates and prompts of our linkups are:
September 2nd: Day in the life, you may want to share your clinic/OR day on your day off with your child(ren)
October 7th: What you wish you’d known before entering medical school
November 4th: Birth stories
December 2nd: Tips on how you handle work or call during the holidays. How do your child(ren) handle you being away?